We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About Yara Thailand
In Thailand, Yara has been present for more than 40 years, being a leading brand in many crop segments and helping farmers to increase their incomes. Our professionals have the ambition to make Yara Thailand the best place to work for; through our people, customer, and farmer development programmes. Business Code of Conduct and Safety are our top priorities always.
Job scope, Role and responsibilities
A Senior Agronomist is a subject matter expert in a crop (group) that is important to Yara Thailand (YTH) – in the general agronomy, nutrient requirements and farm management of that crop (group).
- Build on existing crop nutrition competence within the YTH Sales and Expert teams, combining classroom and in-field training; and proactively delivering the Yara Asia BU Agronomy Vision of: “To have the most knowledgeable agronomists in Asia, who can optimize the return for everyone who uses our products”.
- You will be part of the Expert Team, reporting to the Chief Agronomist as your line manager. You will be responsible for leading the knowledge building of YTH’s key crops (including, but not limited to, rubber, oil palm, longan, durian, vegetables etc.) and the content creation of marketing materials and farmer meeting presentations. But as a Senior Agronomist you will need to have already established yourself as a subject matter expert in a crop (group) that is important to Yara Thailand (see list above). You will actively cooperate internally with our crop champions, and externally with universities and crop associations to build our crop in-house knowledge.
- You will conduct the following promotional activities; demonstration trials, spot demonstrations, farmer field days, leader farmer and general farm visits. Sometimes you will also assist at large customer meetings organized by your Sales team colleagues.
- You will be asked to drive specific projects and be a field day best practice process owner; learning and using the best science extension methods in your daily role. You will mentor other Expert team members and staff in this also – as you help Yara communicate more effectively with our team, customers and farmers in order to increase Yara market share.
- This job also requires a person who is capable of networking and seeking out new ideas. You will look for new opportunities for Yara Thailand, to find where we can add more value to our portfolio and create a competitive advantage – not just here in Thailand but within Yara internationally also.
- You will show all others that you value the importance of safety, leading improvement groups in such and being actively involved in future internal committees when it comes to safety and staff welfare.
- Effective project(s) management will be an important asset to possess, assisting the Chief Agronomist in handling the larger projects that the Expert team have annually. Also identify topics, write proposals and manage R&D activities to support our business growth.
- You will have to demonstrate your hunger for new knowledge and show the team you live according to the Yara values: Accountability, Collaboration, Ambition and Curiosity.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Be recognized as an expert in a crop or group of crops both internally & externally.
- BSc degree or equivalent professional qualification in agriculture / science.
- Fluent Thai and a good understanding of the English language is essential.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office) and their use in reporting.
- Solid knowledge of agriculture and nutrient management in Thailand.
- Must display confidence in public speaking, utilizing each time ; being self-motivated, dynamic and energetic.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to work under pressure meeting deadlines and overcoming differences of opinion.
- Ability to manage large projects on behalf of the Chief Agronomist
- Ability to travel and work for periods upcountry, keeping safety and doing the right thing in mind at all times when with the team, customers and farmers.
- Accountable and able to meet deadlines.
- Strong team player, with a drive to take initiative and not wait for instruction always
- Take responsibility to deliver on time and work according to best agronomic practices.
- Show curiosity, frequently search for new ideas and information.
- Have the courage to stand up for sound agronomic advice over short term commercial needs.
- Display an eagerness for people development – not just through your training, coaching and feedback; but also mentoring both new and experienced colleagues through challenges they encounter.