We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara´s knowledge, products and solutions grow farmers’, distributors’ and industrial customers’ businesses profitably and responsibly, while protecting the earth’s resources, food and environment.
Our fertilizers, crop nutrition programs and technologies increase yields, improve product quality and reduce the environmental impact of agricultural practices. Our industrial and environmental solutions improve air quality by reducing emissions from industry and transportation, and serve as key ingredients in the production of a wide range of goods. We foster a culture that promotes the safety of our employees, contractors and societies.
Founded in 1905 to solve emerging famine in Europe, today, Yara has a worldwide presence, with close to 13,000 employees and sales to about 160 countries.
Inspection Engineer – 12 Months Fixed Term
The Inspection Engineer is responsible for aligning the safety philosophy of the Yara Pilbara site with the goals of Yara for; structural integrity for Static pressurized equipment, storage tanks and piping. As well as supporting the Maintenance Department in all activities on this equipment and piping in regards to; material selection; welding; repair and modification jobs and inspection and testing of new installation. This is an 12 month fixed term position, located in Karratha, Western Australia.
- Ensure the integrity of the asset is maintained.
- Develops and maintains a quality system, ISO 9000 based, for all inspection related activities
- Prepares and maintain inspection procedures for in service inspections based on the RBI analysis.
- Defines inspection and testing requirements for new constructions, repairs and modifications for critical static equipment, piping and storage tanks
- Performs inspections on equipment, piping and storage tanks, including reporting and release for (further) operation.
- Advises the Maintenance department on material selection, welding and corrosion prevention
- Lead root cause analysis reviews for any losses and damages that occurs in area of accountability.
- Respond to plant emergencies and shut down / start up issues.
- Liaise with operations and other departments to get the jobs done in respective area.
- Maintain a positive congenial working atmosphere in the department and the company as a whole.
- Maintain minimum agreed levels of plant performance.
- Bachelor in Mechanical or Materials Engineering with Honors/Masters or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience in an inspection and/or engineering environment related to static equipment for (petro)chemical plants.
- Certified API Inspector for static equipment and piping or Certified IWE with at least 5 years of inspection experience or equivalent to one of the both above mentioned.
- Experience with ISO 9000 quality systems, implementation and maintaining
- Experience managing contractors
- Expertise in RBI, Global knowledge of NDT techniques, including advanced techniques like TOFD, Phased Array, Remote Field Eddy Current
- Knowledge of ASME/API standards related to static equipment, piping and storage tanks.
- Knowledge of Australian/International Safety and Pressure Equipment Standards.
- Understanding of Engineering and Statutory requirements for Chemical Plants.
- Knowledge of SAP or equivalent Computerized Management System.
- Planning, Budgeting and Cost Control processes.
- Global knowledge of NDT techniques, including advanced techniques like TOFD, Phased Array, Remote
This position is residential to Karratha, housing and relocation assistance is offered.
We reserve the right to close this advertisement before the closing date.