We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
The Corporate Communications team is part of Yara’s HR, Corporate Communications and Brand department, and has the global responsibility for Yara International’s external and internal communication, and for managing relationships to governments and non-governmental organizations. We belong to an organization with representation in more than 60 countries and sales to approx. 160. In a world of change, our products and solutions contribute to securing food for all, while reducing environmental impact. This puts Yara in the middle of political, commercial, environmental, agricultural and industrial interests.
We are now looking for a new Head of Government and NGO Relations. This role has overall responsiblility for governance, development and implementation of global government and NGO relations strategies. The position will be based at our headquarters in Oslo, Norway, and reports to the Head of Corporate Communications.
- As Head of Government and NGO Relations you will have full ownership/responsibility for governance of the area globally and be responsibile for developing and implementing a GR strategy on a corporate level, while at the same time having a supporting and co-ordinating role in the organisation.
- Lead in building and managing relationships and coordinate related efforts at a corporate level.
- You will develop tools and guidelines, and provide support and advice to local and regional business units. In case of mergers and acquisitions, this role holds the responsibility for developing and executing the government relations strategy.
- In working towards Norwegian authorities, government and organizational stakeholders, you will have full responsibility for both governance, strategy development and operational activities to implement the strategy.
- Responsibility for developing a NGO Relations strategy on a corporate level. This also implies an operational responsibility on corporate level.
- For NGO relations related to the business units of Yara, you will have a supporting and co-ordinating role. At corporate level, the role will have lead on building relationships as well as co-ordinate efforts.
- University Degree in relevant areas
- Minimum 8 plus years of experience in Government Relations or other relevant disciplines
- Proactive and hands on, with a ‘doer’ behavior and mentality, while at the same time having a strategic and analytical mind
- Ability to add business value through strategic stakeholder management
- Excellent writing skills
- Culturally versatile and able to interact across countries and professions
- Fluent in Norwegian and English language