We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
The Yara Porsgrunn site is located at Herøya outside Porsgrunn, about 140 km southwest of Oslo. The site covers an area of approximately 1.5 square kilometers.
The wholly owned facilities are fully integrated for nitrogen-based products, and have Yara's and Europe's largest installed production capacity for NPK complex fertilizers based on the nitrophosphate route. The site has one ammonia plant, three nitric acid plants, two NPK plants and two calcium nitrate (CN) plants. The facilities produce a wide range of NPK and CN product grades, developed to meet the needs of crop fertilization under various climates and soil conditions. Approximately two thirds of the volume produced is sold overseas, mainly in Asia. The balance is sold in various countries in Europe.
We are looking for a candidate to lead and develop the Finance Department numbering 6 employees. You will also beresponsible for developing a finance network with controlling and reporting activities supporting selected units outside the Yara Porsgrunn Plant.
You will report to the Plant Manager, be a member of the Plant Management Team and co-operate closely with corporate finance functions.
- Manage and develop the Finance Department and finance network in compliance with Yara safety, ethical, environmental and quality standards as well as Governmental regulations
- Improve business understanding in all departments by focusing on fixed costs, investment and product contribution
- Ensure reporting of financial statement, statutory and tax reporting and be contact person for external auditors
- Drive the business plan process in accordance with segment requirements and local needs
- Drive improvements and implement new ways of working in close co-operation with Plant Management Team
- Conduct investment and project evaluations including financial models
- Risk Management
- MBA or equivalent
- Min 8 years relevant experience, preferably from industrial environment
- Experience with change processes and line management is an asset
- Strong analytical skills combined with practical business approach
- Leadership ambitions and strong cross-cultural communication skills
- Fluent in English and one Scandinavian language