We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara's Project Office (YPO) consists of about 150 employees, and manages large and medium projects - either on their own or with the support of external engineering companies – and delivers technical support to the plants.
For an extension project in Sluiskil, we are looking for a Project Controls Manager. The project is an EPCM contract for building a brownfield Nitric acid, Ammonium Nitrate and granulation unit in the Yara’s Sluiskil plant.
He/she shall report to the Project Manager as focal point for all project controls activities within the project. He/she shall report to Head of Project Controls for guarantee appropriate procedures & work processes are applied.
The preparation of the Basic Design phase, the Project Controls Manager will be located in Zaventem. Upon award to EPCM, the he/she shall move to EPCM’s offices for the duration of the basic design: location still to be determined. For the construction phase, the Project Controls Manager will be located on site in Sluiskil.
The Project Controls Manager’s main tasks will be to supervise and give directions to the project controls of the EPCM contractor. Other responsibilities are:
- Manage and coordinate the day-to-day aspects of cost control, planning and scheduling; meet changing needs and requirements in these functions on the project;
- Produce or review all Project Controls deliverables, ensure that they are accurate and correct and in accordance with YPO procedures and standards; ensure on time delivery of all required reporting to the right stakholder;
- Monitor the Project Trend reports; Ensure timely awareness on deviations to project cost and schedule, and that mitigation plans are developed in conjunction with the applicable project specialists;
- Monitor and follow up project control risks on the risk register of the project. Ensure and demonstrate that cost contigencies and schedule buffer are in line with Project risk and project status;
- Be responsible to discuss, agree and monitor all interfaces related to Project Controls, especially interfaces with Yara systems and tools;
- Set up the requirements for Project Controls towards Contractors in the ITB documents. Evaluate contractors proposals and interview contractors project controls personnel. Ensure that their tools are capable of meeting client's requirements;
- Ensure Contractors and Subcontractors perform Project Controls in accordance with YPO Management System and with contractual requirements;
- Ensure that Yara is meeting its contractual obligations in terms of project controls towards its Contractors;
Assist Project Management and Procurement in contract administration towards Contractors. Produce or coordinate ad-hoc reports and responses to claims.
- Degree in Engineering in either industrial, process, mechanical or civil engineering. An additional education / degree in economics is an asset;
- Minimum 10 years experience within project controls, project estimating, planning, project management, engineering, contracting or related activity in the chemical process industry. Good understanding of engineering projects and construction of industrial projects;
- Relevant experience in people and contractor mangement;
- Advanced user of MS excel and Sharepoint; hands on with Project controls software: SAP, P6, Power-BI;
- Willingness to travel in an international environment;
- Willing to share knowledge across the department and the company;
- Good analytical skills, problem solver.Good communication and persuasion skills, proactive and client oriented;
- Fluency in English in reading and writing;
- Flexible in workload, ability to work in a multi project environment.